Hey There, We noticed you haven't registered yet! Register here and participate in Lensathon.
Yet to start
Rent-a-thon is an offline Challenge organized by GrabOnRent in Bangalore on 2nd-3rd December (24 hr) to hire both FrontEnd & BackEnd developers. After you get shortlisted you will be required to attend the Challenge in Bangalore on 2nd December.
GrabOnRent is a curated product rental marketplace that lets its customers rent a variety of products and gets them delivered to their doorstep. The company aggregates individuals and distributed suppliers and provides a variety of products to its customers to rent from. The company aims to ease the process of renting by providing a comprehensive solution including, product selection, secure payments and logistics support.
GrabOnRent aims to disrupt sharing economy in India with a vision to make any product available to anyone by introducing an alternate consumption method other than buying. Challenging the need of owning every product to use, the company aims to enable its customers with the accessibility of products. The company assists its merchant network to reach a larger audience with quality products and offers convenient rental options for products its customers require for a limited duration.
If you love challenges and have the relevant skills and experience of 2+ years, go ahead and take up the task.
Yes, please bring your laptop and a charger as well.
2nd Floor, No. 93/A 4th B-Cross, 5th Block, Koramangala Industrial Area, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
It’s a team challenge, with a max team size of 4. However, if you are alone and your profile gets shortlisted, come to the Hackathon and we will form a team for you.
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code with proper tests
· Integration of data storage solutions – in our case, MongoDb, Postgresql, Redis
· Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
· Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
· Experience with RESTful API dev on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque, Mongo drivers for rails, etc
· A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code with Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
· Ability to create database schemas – both in NoSQL(MongoDb) and SQL, that represent and support business processes
· Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
· Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
· Familiarity with concepts of MVC, ORM, and RESTful
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools especially GIT
· Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc
We are looking for a hands-on rockstar for React (mobile and web developer) who aims to build products to be used by valuable customers. You will be responsible for leading the efforts for technology and effective code writing. We are now looking for someone to rebuild our apps from
• Great at building responsive and user-friendly single-page applications in React, Angular(preferably), Flux, ES7, Redux, Webpack, HTML5, CSS, SCSS, LESS, etc
• Build tools like Gulp, Webpack, Babel, NPM, etc
• Excellent bootstrap and CSS knowledge
• Understand how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc
• Willing to get involved in some back-end work with NodeJS, ExpressJs etc.
• Ability to plan core architecture, and to enhance it from time to time
• Strong analytical mindset to derive actionable analytics from data
• Ability to grasp the business needs of the company and build/ tinker the product according to it from time to time
• Experience in building a platform/ SaaS product will be beneficial
• Prior work experience in a platform based company will be beneficial
• Contributions to open-source are a plus
This is a team event, where you have to form your team from the shortlisted candidates for the final hackathon.
If you don’t find the right guys to make a team, then you can follow either one of these 2 options -
Invite your friends (frontend and backend developers only) to apply for the Rent-a-thon. Please note they have to go through the shortlisting process.
Come to the venue a little early on 2nd December 2017 so that we can help you make teams at the venue itself.